Another weekends football nearly over and what fun it was too. Aston Villa went to gods own stadium as the only unbeaten team in the Premiership and were promptly walloped 3-1. Now why can't we do that every week? Pundits and Journalists and so-called experts are always harping on about the squad rotation system and the damage it does to team spirit, and they put this down as a reason to have a dig at our mediocre start to this season. They maybe right of course, but as Rafa Benitez has said, where were the complaints when we won the Champion's League and FA Cup?
The one result I was hoping to see, (and was slightly expecting to be honest), was a Bolton win against the Mancs. But once again, the Mancs have disappointed me by winning. Looking at that game from a different perspective, the Mancs played bloody well against a team with a formidable home record this season. The Arse slipped up again by only drawing against Everton. But the whole league can take relief from the fact that next season they will be crap again. (they follow a pattern do Everton. Crap season, good season, crap season, etc). The surprise package this season, Porstmouth, produced another win. I am so impressed with them this season that I used the transfer windows on my dream teams to put in a few players from there. It wont last of course, but let the pompey fans enjoy it for a while.
The Russian money machine went to Sheffield United and won 2-0. Not really shocking of course but I wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield United were awarded a throw in and Jose Mourinho complained about it stating that the officials are against him. And the FA. And FIFA......
I have had a preview of the 2007 Oxford English Dictionary, which contain a few new words and modern expressions. I would like to share them with you, if I may:
SHEVCHENKO - 1. A product or service which is wanted throughout the world and is very expensive, but turns out to be completely useless and a waste of money.
2. A stock exchange term for wasting £30 million.
MOURINHO - 1. Arrogant. -ISH - Arrogance.
2. A conspiracy theory brought on by severe paranoia, which is then dismissed as nonsense and ridiculed then turned into a joke.
ROONEY - The act of sleeping with someones Grandmother.
OLD TRAFFORD - 1. A Lunatic asylum or sanitarium.
2. Home of Lancashire County Cricket Club
RIO - 1. Thinking that you are the best in your position in the country, but you are not even the best in your own family.
2. Missing an important appointment to go shopping.
3. A large city on the coast of Brazil.
WISE - Promising to stay in your current job then leaving for a better job immediately. Previously known as a Hoddle.
MAN U FAN - A mindless moron aged 10 who now supports Chelsea.
ROBBIE FOWLER - God. Simple as that
NEVILLE - Completely crap.
I will post some more as and when I find some.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment